Informational Writing Unit | Terrific Writing Third Grade Curriculum Unit 3
Also included in
- Terrific Writing is a comprehensive 3rd grade writing curriculum. These grade 3 writing units have done-for-you lesson plans and no prep activities. This bundle includes Unit 1 ‘Personal Narratives’, Unit 2 ’Opinion Writing', Unit 3 'Informational Writing', and Unit 4 'Fictional Narratives' where yoPrice $31.99Original Price $59.96Save $27.97
Looking to teach informative writing to your grade 3 students? Terrific Writing is a comprehensive writing curriculum for third grade. This is Unit 3 ‘Informational Writing’, where your students will learn how to write engaging non fiction explanatory writing pieces about things they know and learn about.
This curriculum is standards based (to the common core) and genre based.
Are you struggling to teach writing? Do your students hate writing lessons?
Teaching writing can be so tricky, I get it!
Well don’t worry, I’ve got you covered.
In this curriculum, your students will develop a love of writing. The graphic organizers, interactive notebook, and final 'all about' book will engage students much more than a blank piece of paper. Students research fun topics such as dinosaurs and outer space!
Writing doesn’t have to be dull and students definitely shouldn’t hate writing!
This 5 week unit has EVERYTHING you need, because let’s be honest, teachers are time poor.
Let’s get your evenings and weekends back, my friend! Take a break from lesson planning and searching for engaging materials. It’s all right here.
- 25 step-by-step scripted lesson plans
- 19 posters
- 19 graphic organizers / worksheets
- 1 interactive notebook and 1 'all about' book
- 3 original mentor texts (PowerPoint versions and PDF in color and b&w)
- 24 tasks cards extension activities (2 versions - b&w, color)
- 1 assessment rubric
The lessons follow a simple format of mini lesson, think and share, and independent writing time.
- Video overview to help organize and implement the unit
- List of common core standards that align with this unit
- Teacher directions for the lesson plans
- Suggestions for differentiation and lesson times
- List of recommended mentor texts (with links)
- Unit scope and at-a-glance calendar
- Lesson materials list
- Student book/folder cover (3 versions - journal, notebook, or folder)
- 1 writing prompt pre-assessment
- 2 lined pages (for first drafts)
- 2 checklists
- 1 set of compliment notes (2 versions - b&w, color)
- 2 certificates (boy and girl, each in 2 versions - b&w, color)
- Teacher directions, examples, and elaborations for the rubric
- Video with tips for using the rubric
Lesson 1 - What is informational writing?
Lesson 2 - Is it informational writing?
Lesson 3 - I am an expert
Lesson 4 - Narrowing the topic
Lesson 5 - Choosing subtopics
Lesson 6 - Dinosaur definitions
Lesson 7 - Finding facts
Lesson 8 - Supporting details
Lesson 9 - Planning time
Lesson 10 - All about dinosaurs
Lesson 11 - Let's research
Lesson 12 - Paraphrasing
Lesson 13 - Let's use paragraphs
Lesson 14 - Illustrations and annotations
Lesson 15 - All about planets
Lesson 16 - It's time for research
Lesson 17 - Making a plan
Lesson 18 - Introduce your topic
Lesson 19 - Linking words
Lesson 20 - Table of contents
Lesson 21 - Time for a closing
Lesson 22 - Putting it all together
Lesson 23 - Revise, edit, and add more detail
Lesson 24 - Final draft
Lesson 25 - Publishing party
Check out the preview to get a closer look. What are you waiting for?! :)
Enjoy this resource! Don't forget to follow my store for more awesome products and rate this product for your TPT credits :)