The full writing for informational writing using the books, "What if you had Animal Feet & Hair?" By Sandra Markle. This unit focuses on informational writing, the writing process, and interactive learning.
In this lesson you teach students how to complete an information paragraph. You use the books to show examples of informational writing by comparing the fact pages to the fiction pages! Then, the students go through the writing process that connects to the book! This is beyond fun and engaging for your kiddos!
In this unit:
1. Anchor Charts for Informational Writing
2. "What if you had Animal Hair?" Comprehension Questions
3. "What if you had Animal Feet?" Comprehension Questions
4. Research Pages-QR Codes and Websites for students to use
5. Pre-Writing & Rough Draft
6. Editing & Revising Checklists
7. Class Book Cover Page
8. Writing Pages set up like the books
For another informational unit click here:
Informational Writing with Who Would Win?
If you want all types of genres for writing with mentor texts check out my bundle!
Writing with Mentor Texts Bundle