The full writing for informational writing using the books, "Who Would Win?" By Jerry Pallotta. This unit focuses on text features, the writing process, and interactive lessons.
In this lesson you teach students what text features are and how they are used, you read the mentor text, then you complete an entire writing process!
In this unit:
1. Anchor Charts for Informational Writing
2. "Who Would Win? Komodo Dragon Vs. King Cobra" Comprehension Questions
3. Hands-On "What Are Text Features?" Lesson
4. Interactive group work lesson
5. Research Pages-QR Codes and Websites for students to use
5. All steps of the writing process
(This writing process is made for the kids to write three paragraphs)
6. Class Book Cover
7. 2 Rubric Choices
For another informational unit click here:
Informational Writing with What if you had Animal Feet & Hair?!
If you want all types of genres for writing with mentor texts check out my bundle!
Writing with Mentor Texts Bundle