Also included in
- This speech unit bundle is a great tool for anyone teaching public speaking, language arts, or oral communication! Teaching the basics of giving a speech? Snatch up all of my public speaking units and you're good to go! The units included: Informative SpeakingPersonal Experience SpeechesIntroductio$33.50$38.00Save $4.50
- This speech unit bundle is a great tool for anyone teaching public speaking, language arts, or oral communication! Teaching the basics of giving a slightly longer speech? Snatch up my 3 most popular public speaking units and you're good to go!The units included:Informative SpeakingDemonstration Spee$24.50$27.00Save $2.50
Use this informative speech unit to teach informative speaking in a simple and fun way! These public speaking lessons are a great way to teach your students how to speak to inform. You and your students can meet speaking and listening standards in an effective way while they explore informative speech topics that are interesting to them.
If you want to teach your Public Speaking, Oral Comm, or English/ELA students how to give an effective informative speech, then these informative speech activities are for you! These public speaking lesson plans for high school have so much packed in.
This informative speech unit includes a week of lectures, and up to two weeks of class activities (depending on your class size).
When you buy this unit, you will receive:
- a document on the basics of teaching speech
- a week of lectures on informative speaking
- a PowerPoint that follows the lecture
- a rubric for easy grading
- a double-sided audience analysis worksheet
- an assessment crossword puzzle (and answer key)
- student self-evaluation sheet
- various activities
- the Impromptu Informative PowerPoint game
The materials also include links to example videos and extra videos to extend any lesson.
***Each unit I create is meant to be able to stand on its own. If you purchased my Demonstration Speech Unit, my Personal Experience Unit, my Persuasive Speech Unit, or my Introduction Speeches Unit, Days 1-2 on the Informative unit are extremely similar to the other units. The Persuasive Unit and the Informative Unit share one page of lecture and two PowerPoint slides on research as well. If you have any other questions on similarities, please feel free to contact me and ask!***
I'm a speech teacher and I LOVE teaching my students that giving speeches can be fun! This unit makes teaching speech easy and fun!
Feel free to check out one of my PowerPoint games! They are great fun for any Speech or ELA classroom. My Storytelling Game one is a big favorite!
Are you teaching public speaking and don't know where to start? Check out my free document for tips and ideas!