Based on Common Core; CCSS.W.11-12.2 for Writing Informative Essays.
This lesson plan comes with:
1. PowerPoint presentation-describes the content of an essay using a Pizza metaphor.
2. Worksheet with questions for students to analyze an informative essay
3. Sample essays
1. Go through the PowerPoint presentation
2. Make copies of the sample essays and cut them up into paragraphs. Have students put them back together.
3. Divide students into groups of 2 or 3.
4. Have them put together the sample essays and then go through the group worksheet to analyze the text.
5. Present student work to the class. Discuss student work.