Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Teach your second grade students all about Informative Writing with this Informative Writing Unit using Step up to Writing. Unit includes Activities, Lesson Plans, Handouts, Posters, Teacher Instructions, Grading Rubric, Craftivity and Answer Keys from The Resourceful Teacher.
This product is intended to enhance your EXISTING Step up to Writing* tools and curriculum, not to replace it.
Common Core aligned!
- Lesson Plans
- Handouts (Helping Guides)
- Two11x17 Posters that match the handouts
- Answer Keys
- Teacher Instructions
- Grading Rubric
- Students will be able to explain how and when to use a thesaurus.
- Students will be able to use a thesaurus to find more precise wording and vocabulary when writing.
- Students will be able to analyze the elements of informative writing.
- Students will be able to answer questions about informative writing.
- Students will be able to explain how to write for information using Step up to Writing.
- Students will be able to complete a thinking map graphic organizer to organize their thoughts.
- Students will be able to complete a paragraph frame to practice informative writing.
- Students will be able to use domain-specific vocabulary to enhance their informative writing.
- Students will be able to find domain-specific vocabulary in informative writing.
- Students will be able to brainstorm ideas for their Informative Writing topic.
- Students will be able to list and organize ideas about a given topic.
- Students will be able to complete vocabulary tree.
- Students will be able to write a topic sentence which clearly identifies the topic.
- Students will be able to write details and facts to support the topic.
- Students will be able to include domain-specific vocabulary in their graphic organizer.
- Students will be able to check and fix mistakes.
- Students will be able to consult reference materials when necessary to check for misspelled words.
Use the Helping Guides to teach each lesson. Give students the opportunity to practice by completing the "Let's Practice" section at the bottom of each page with them. Assess their understanding of the concept by having them complete the independent practice activities.
Written for 2nd grade, but can be used with 3rd grade students. Can also be used for reteaching / reengaging and extra practice.
Download the preview to check it out!
**STEP UP TO WRITING format is not owned by me, nor am I affiliated with the company in any way.
DON'T MISS THESE FREEBIES!
OTHER GREAT PRODUCTS:
ALL NEW PRODUCTS DEBUT AT 20% OFF FOR MY FOLLOWERS!
Look for and click the ★ GREEN STAR ★ next to my store logo at the top right corner of this page to become a follower. This will allow you to be notified each time I debut a new product or FREEBIE!
If you would like to get updates on new and current resources...
- Follow me on FACEBOOK
- Tweet me on TWITTER
- Collaborate with me on PINTEREST
Have you ever thought of selling your own products on Teachers Pay Teachers?
CLICK HERE to sign-up and start making money!
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
English Language Arts, Grammar, Writing, 2nd, 3rd, Worksheets, Lesson Plans, Student Activities, Writing Activities, Informative Writing, Expository Writing, Worksheets, Practice Pages