These tools and templates will empower your students as they learn how to write a CCSS-aligned informative paragraph (including compare and contrast paragraphs). This product outlines four clear steps to follow that will ensure writing success.
Students need regular practice in order to learn how to find text evidence that supports their informative writing. This product allows you to use selections from your basal, articles from the web, or any other resource as a writing prompt.
The product also includes:
- Anchor charts to boost understanding and memory
- Templates for introducing and practicing opinion writing
- Example of opinion prompt and paragraph
- Reading and editing checklists
- Rubric for fair & easy assessment
- Links to additional resources on the web