This pdf contains:
1. T-chart to list landforms and natural resources
2. Brainstorm paper to record already known facts
3. Planning paper to begin outlining ideas and record researched facts
4. Brochure that allows students to share gathered information in a set-up format
5. Recycled art project planning page
6. Importance of recycling writing paper
I used this packet when working with my students on informative writing. We are learning about landforms, natural resources, and recycling. After learning the material, students made a list of landforms and natural resources they know about and picked one they would like to teach others about. They then brainstormed all the things they already knew about this topic. After brainstorming, I selected articles for each student to read and they highlighted main ideas and important details and recorded three facts on the planning sheet. After planning their writing, students created a brochure with their old and new information that they later presented to their classmates and other students in our school.
As part of the lesson on recycling and reusing, students created their own piece of art by reusing everyday items found at home. Included is a planning sheet for students to brainstorm what they would like to make and how they will make it. There is also a separate piece of writing paper that can be used on it's own, or in combination with this unit, on the importance or reducing, reusing, and recycling.