Informative Research and Writing: Researching Notable African-Americans
Students research and write an informative composition on a famous African-American! Biographies, note taking outlines, and blank writing pages are included in this purchase. Multiple Common Core Standards and TEKS for 5th Grade Writing are supported.
* 5 Biographies
(Jackie, Robinson, Ruby Bridges, Martin Luther King Jr.,Fredrick Douglass, and Harriet Tubman )
* 5 Outlines / Graphic Organizers for Note-taking (Topics Provided)
* 5 Outlines / Graphic Organizers Blank
* 5 Composition Pages (Blackline)
* 1 Product List (for teacher flexibility)
Suggested Implementation (independently or small group)
* Choose one of 5 notable African-Americans to research.
* Take notes using outline provided.
* Use outline to write an informative composition.
* Share with class or in small groups.
* Use for Living History Museum, RTI, Differentiation, Homework or as
an Introduction to Research
* NOTE: students are asked in the directions to provide a quote by the
mathematician or scientist in their composition. They may need
internet access or another resource for this piece of the writing.
* Students in grades 5-8
* Identified gifted students in grades 4-5
* Students needing extra support in note taking and informative writing
Positive feedback would be greatly appreciated at:
Remember... providing feedback earns you points towards future purchases!