Informative Writing and Research: Harriet Tubman
Students research and write an informative composition on Harriet Tubman. A biography, note taking outlines, and blank writing page are included in this purchase. Multiple Common Core Standards and TEKS for 5th Grade Writing are supported.
This is part of a bigger product titled "Informative Writing and Research: African Americans which can be found here.
Informative Writing and Research African Americans
* 1 Biography
* 2 Outlines / Graphic Organizers for Note-taking (Topics Provided)
* 1 Composition Pages (Black-line)
* 1 Product List (for teacher flexibility)
Suggested Implementation (independently or small group)
* Read and research provided biography on Harriet Tubman.
* Take notes using outline provided.
* Use outline to write an informative composition.
* Share with class or in small groups.
Living History Museum
Introduction to Research
* NOTE: students are asked in the directions to provide a quote by
Harriet Tubman in their composition. They may need
internet access or another resource for this piece of the writing.
* Students in grades 5-8
* Identified gifted students in grades 4-5
* Students needing extra support in note taking and informative writing
Positive feedback would be greatly appreciated at:
Teachers Pay Teachers / Kathy Adams
Remember... providing feedback earns you points towards future purchases!