Informative Research and Writing: Researching Martin Luther King, Jr.
Students research and write an informative composition on a famous African-American, Martin Luther King, Jr.! Biographies, note taking outlines, and blank writing pages are included in this purchase. Multiple Common Core Standards and TEKS for 5th Grade Writing are supported.
This is a free product. It is part of a bigger product titled "Informative Writing and Research: African Americans.
* 1 Biography
* 2 Outlines / Graphic Organizers for Note-taking (Topics Provided)
* 1 Composition Pages (Blackline)
* 1 Product List (for teacher flexibility)
Suggested Implementation (independently or small group)
* Read and research Martin Luther King, Jr.
* Take notes using outline provided.
* Use outline to write an informative composition.
* Share with class or in small groups.
Living History Museum
Introduction to Research
* NOTE: students are asked in the directions to provide a quote by the
mathematician or scientist in their composition. They may need
internet access or another resource for this piece of the writing.
* Students in grades 5-8
* Identified gifted students in grades 4-5
* Students needing extra support in note taking and informative writing
Positive feedback would be greatly appreciated at:
Remember... providing feedback earns you points towards future purchases!