Informative Research and Writing: Presidents' Day
Students research and write an informative composition on George Washington or Abraham Lincoln.! Biographies, note taking outlines, and blank writing pages are included in this purchase. Multiple Common Core Standards and TEKS for 5th Grade Writing are supported.
* 2 Biographies
* 4 Outlines / Graphic Organizers for Note-taking (Topics Provided)
* 2 Composition Pages (Blackline)
* 1 Product List (for teacher flexibility)
Suggested Implementation (independently or small group)
* Students choose a president to research
* Teacher might choose to complete one president as guided practice
or use the free Martin Luther King, Jr. activity found here:
Free Martin Luther King, Jr. Informative Writing and Research
* Read and research chosen president
* Take notes using outline provided.
* Use outline to write an informative composition.
* Share with class or in small groups.
Living History Museum
Introduction to Research
* NOTE: students are asked in the directions to provide a quote by the
mathematician or scientist in their composition. They may need
internet access or another resource for this piece of the writing.
* Students in grades 5-8
* Identified gifted students in grades 4-5
* Students needing extra support in note taking and informative writing
Positive feedback would be greatly appreciated at:
Remember... providing feedback earns you points towards future purchases!