Informative Research and Writing: Researching St. Patrick
Students research and write an informative composition on St. Patrick as they discover why a day is named in his honor. A historical account of his life, note taking outlines, and a blank writing page are included in this purchase. Multiple Common Core Standards and TEKS for 5th Grade Writing are supported.
* 1 Historical Account of St. Patrick
* 2 Outlines / Graphic Organizers for Note-taking (Topics Provided)
* 1 Composition Page
* 1 Product List (for teacher flexibility)
Suggested Implementation (independently or small group)
* Read and research provided biography on St. Patrick.
* Take notes using outline provided.
* Use outline to write an informative composition.
* Share with class or in small groups.
Living History Museum
Introduction to Research
* Students in grades 5-8
* Identified gifted students in grades 4-5
* Students needing extra support in note taking and informative writing
Positive feedback would be greatly appreciated at:
Teachers Pay Teachers / Kathy Adams
Remember... providing feedback earns you points towards future purchases!