Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
5.19 MB | 50+ pages
A comprehensive pack of resources - explanatory and information writing (Common Core) non-chronological report writing ( UK)
These resources include a:
1st presentation that introduces the general features of report writing in a colorful, child friendly format that leads the learners through the signposts of the genre.
2nd presentation that continues with assessment of reports including an online link and differentiated checklists - peer and self editing.
Additional resources provide:
1) A concise and interesting model report on Egypt for learners to read, discuss, analyse, highlight and 'pull apart' - active learning.
2) An annotated report to provide the teacher with the main teaching points of the model report.
3) A colorful word mat with sentence starts and vocabulary to support informative and explanatory writing.
4) A mind map for the planning stage which is partially completed to support learners (can be easily edited to provide less support).
5) Word strips with facts about Egypt - ideal for 'cut and stick' activities ( learners can categorise facts under headings in a carousel type activity)
This detailed pack of resources will support the learners thoroughly from the initial lesson on the structure of a report, the analysis of models through assessment and finally to a finished piece that can be assessed and celebrated.