This Patterns of Inheritance Power Point and Notes package was designed for use in a high school Biology class. Students will enjoy this visual approach to learning heredity and teachers will enjoy saving planning time! The presentation and notes are EDITABLE!
This product is part of my
Genetics PowerPoints, Notes, and Task Cards Unit Bundle
or, if you need PowerPoints for the whole year, try my
PowerPoints for Biology Bundle
This download includes 8 files:
2. PowerPoint presentation with stunning photographs and easy to follow diagrams. Students will not be overwhelmed with wordy slides and you will be able to check for understanding with the "Turtle Time" slides embedded throughout the presentation that quiz students on what they have just learned. Additional notes explaining diagrams, concepts, background information, and instructional suggestions are included and can be printed separately or viewed in PowerPoint’s “Notes Page” view or “Presenter View” mode.
Notes: THREE versions of editable student and teacher notes so you can easily differentiate to meet the needs of your students.
3. Version A notes are set up so that the numbered notes correspond with the slides of the PowerPoint. This makes it easier for students to stay on pace with the lecture.
4. Version A Answer Key for Teachers
5. Version B notes are designed in a more traditional style; students will use information presented in the PowerPoint to fill in appropriate information.
6. Version B Answer Key for Teachers
7. Version C notes are fill-in-the-blank style notes that are coordinated with the PowerPoint, but could also be used for students who are absent during the presentation since it could be completed with a textbook or online resources. This version can work well as a quiz or worksheet.
8. Version C Answer Key for Teachers
Need a set of Task Cards to go with this lesson? Well, here they are: Inheritance Task Cards with PowerPoint Review
. Remember, these are included in the Genetics Unit Bundle listed above!
Vocabulary covered in this chapter include:
• Principle of Segregation
• Punnett square
• Principle of Independent Assortment
• dihybrid cross
• intermediate inheritance
• multiple alleles
• polygenic inheritance
• genetic linkage
• gene locus
• chromosome theory of inheritance
• crossing over
• sex-linked gene
• Barr body
You might also like:
Inheritance Review Qubes
Inheritance Task Cards
Inheritance Activities: Genetics Terminology and Punnett Squares
Mitosis and Meiosis PowerPoint and Notes
DNA and Protein Synthesis PowerPoint and Notes
And, my FAVORITE FREEBIE: Inheritance Patterns in the Kolo