Initial Blends Bingo
is a classic phonics game used in classrooms around the world to reinforce initial blends br, gr, cr, fr, dr, str, & scr
What You Need
- All game boards printed out and either laminated or in plastic sleeves
- The game word lists printed and photocopied for future games
- 25 plastic counters for each player
This game can be played as a small group of 6 or eight students or as a whole class. It is a great game for Literacy Centers and parent helpers.
How to Play
1. Students sit with their materials ready to go.
2. A game leader chooses a word at random from the word list and crosses it off.
3. Players search their board for that word. If the word is printed on their game board they cover the word with a counter, if not they wait for the next word to be read.
4. The winner is the person who covers all the numbers first and calls out BINGO.
NB - I like to play this game so the winner is the first person to get 5 counters in a row either horizontally, vertically or diagonally. I think it keeps the interest level high.
- Pairs of students play one board. This opens up the way to co-operative learning.
- Each student plays with 2 boards.
Words Included in this Game
- brain, break, brass, brave, bread, brick, bride, bridge, brush, brother, bring,
- grain, gram, grant, grape, graph, grass, great, green, grill, grow, gravy
- crab, crab, crawl, crayon, crazy, cream, creek, creep, crew, crime, crisp, cross crowd,
- frame, freckle, free, freeze, fresh, friend, frog, from, front, frost, frown, fruit
- drab, drag, dragon, drain, draw, dream, dress, drink, drip, drive, drop, drum, dry,
- strap, straw, strain, stray, stream, street, string, string, strip, strong,
- scram, scrap, scrape, scratch, scream, screech, screen, screw, scribble, script, scroll, scrub
Included in this Download
10 full color boards
10 low color boards
1 PowerPoint file with all the color boards
1 Set of Teaching Notes
2 Word lists for the Caller
PLEASE CHECK OUT MY MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includes ALL
the Math and Literacy games currently in my store PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
It's like a great classroom resource that just keeps on giving. :-)
CLICK HERE to see the Mother Load :-)