Students can practice identifying initial sounds with this fun station activity!
1. Choose a game card.
2. Practice saying each picture and listen for the initial sound.
3. If the initial sound matches the game card's letter, then place a clip on the picture. Do this until you have found all the pictures that begin with that card's letter (there are 8 correct answers on every card, except for the letter x).
4. Flip the card around and see if the clip is on a shaded box. This is a way of self-checking!
5. Practice writing the focus letter using the included worksheet, as well as coloring in all the pictures that begin with the focus letter.
This activity includes:
- 26 Game cards, one for each letter (a-z) - Front includes pictures, Back includes answers
- 26 Worksheets, one for each letter. Students will color in the pictures that begin with the focus letter, and practice writing the letter
Don't forget to print the cards front to back so it is 2-sided.