• Five initial consonant word and picture sorts
• Six final consonant word and picture sorts
• Corresponding blank assessment templates for each sort
• Two differentiated mastery assessments for each unit of study.
• Teacher hints and directions for assessments
I created this set of sorts for students that need more of a challenge than just pictures for beginning consonants. The second set is for students that have difficulty isolating the final sound (final consonant deletion), even after the completion of the “Word Family” sorts featured in Words Their Way (Sorts 6-12). In my classroom, these sorts were given before starting students on digraphs and blends. Enjoy!