This product is an Immigration unit for Spanish 1. There main resources for the unit are the following:
- two stories based on songs: ICE El Hielo and Un Besito Más
- a short PBS film "The Other Side" (in English, but the "story" is in Spanish, find it here: https://vimeo.com/50554249 )
- the movie La Misma Luna.
Although this is a Spanish 1 unit, it could be used with any level because it is compelling and students will learn a lot about a complicated topic!
When you purchase this, you will get a unit packet with many links that include the following:
- Essential questions
- "I can" statements for the unit
- Factual information about Immigration
- Links to three quizzes and a test
- readings and activities for three stories and a movie
- targeted vocabulary lists
- a character list with descriptions for La Misma Luna (students have to fill in the missing words)
- a link to a song to use with the unit (ICE El Hielo by La Santa Cecilia)
- links to Quizlet activities and a textivate activity to practice summarizing the movie "La Misma Luna"
You will also get access to two slideshows that you can use and/or make a copy of and adapt:
- a 74 slide Google presentation with screenshots and the story of "The Other Side" in comprehensible Spanish for Spanish 1
- a 67 slide Google presentation with screenshots and the story of "La Misma Luna" in comprehensible Spanish for Spanish 1
- both slideshows also have a variety of Quizlet links (for Quizlet Live!) embedded in them
- "The Other Side" presentation has targeted vocabulary slides and some *basic* facts about immigration
If you would like to see a similar unit (but much more developed), see here: http://www.ceauthres.com/2016/11/inmigracion-en-espanol-1.html