This product is an Immigration unit for Spanish 1. The two main components of the unit are the short PBS film "The Other Side" (in English, but the "story" is in Spanish) and the movie La Misma Luna.
Although this is a Spanish 1 unit, it could be used with any level because it is compelling and students will learn a lot about a complicated topic!
When you purchase this, you will get a unit packet that includes the following:
- Essential questions
- "I can" statements for the unit
- Links to a quiz and a test
- readings and activities for both movies
- a targeted vocabulary list
- a character list with descriptions for La Misma Luna (students have to fill in the missing words)
- a link to a song to use with the unit (ICE El Hielo by La Santa Cecilia)
- links to Quizlet activities and a textivate activity to practice summarizing the movie "La Misma Luna"
You will also get access to two slideshows that you can use and/or make a copy of and adapt:
- a 74 slide Google presentation with screenshots and the story of "The Other Side" in comprehensible Spanish for Spanish 1
- a 67 slide Google presentation with screenshots and the story of "La Misma Luna" in comprehensible Spanish for Spanish 1
- both slideshows also have a variety of Quizlet links (for Quizlet Live!) embedded in them
- "The Other Side" presentation has targeted vocabulary slides and some *basic* facts about immigration
If you would like to see a similar unit (but much more developed), see here: http://reflecciones-kj.blogspot.com/p/click-here-for-link-to-slideshow-for.html
18 page doc, slideshow with 74 slides, and another slideshow with 67 slides