Inquiry-based projects are a way for students to investigate a real-world problem. This packet includes everything you need to implement an "Improve-the-community" or "Improve-the-school" project. This incorporates 21st century skills and English language arts.
Included in this file:
1. What is an inquiry-based project? (teacher page)
2. Step-by-step lessons that guide students through the 4 parts (investigate, create, present, reflect/respond) along with questions to help guide your students (teacher page)
3. Links to real-world examples found in the news
4. Let's Brainstorm Ideas student pages for a community and/or school improvement project
5. Let's Find Solutions student page for writing their guiding question and potential plans with pros/cons
6. Let's Create a Plan student page to help plan out materials, resources, collaborators, and the timeline
7. Let's Write a Proposal student page to write out their proposal to present/pitch to classmates
8. Let's Collaborate student page to write a letter to contact someone to collaborate with on their project
21st Century Skills:
✓ Use of technology
✓ Critical thinking
CLICK HERE to see the result of my own students completing this project!
* This product compliments the Benchmark Advance ELA curriculum (unit 1), but can be used in any classroom! See the product preview for more information.
Check out all my other Benchmark resources!
Click the green star to follow my shop!