If you are having trouble introducing the concept of inquiry in your classroom, please take the time to check out these resources and get in touch if you have any questions on how to deliver them in your classroom.
The process I describe in this package has been very useful in my intermediate classrooms to:
-Help students understand what inquiry is, and how to begin using it.
-Create a community mindset within my students. When we all begin using the same lingo, steps, etc in class, I find that the students gain an understanding in a stronger way.
-Help students take control and responsibility of their learning and interests.
-Provide more opportunities for student to display their learning in creative ways.
-Help students realize that they are more interested in school content than they had realized.
-Provide more opportunities for students to learn from one another, rather than just learning from the teacher.
-Provide pre, mid and final assessment of inquiry skills as the school year progresses.
1)Instructions/tips for teachers
2)Three different Prezi presentations I have created and used successfully in my classroom. These include:
- Intro to Geography Inquiry Prezi
- Intro to Historical Inquiry Prezi
- Movie Inquiry Prezi - I often use this as an example to help students begin practicing their inquiry skills.
3) Inquiry Intro Notes Page for students to follow along during your presentation.
4) Student instructions/notes page for their first movie inquiry challenge.
5) Inquiry Assessment Checklist for students to understand how well their skills are developing throughout the year.
9 pages and 45 prezi slides