This is a digital interactive notebook resource for your students to produce a research report on insects. It is to be used for Google drive.This Google slides based interactive notebook contains a complete paperless Insect Research Report perfect for Chromebooks, HP Streams, and other devices in a 1:1 classroom. Printable version included! This resources uses file sharing with Google or Microsoft OneDrive. Use these activities to engage students in a whole class, small group, or independent environment. This resource is also perfect for Homeschool students.
This original product is provided through web-based Google file sharing, contained on the Internet 'cloud' and allows you and your students to access, edit, and print files from any computer or device. Students work on their report template directly in the file on their device or computer. This product will also work with Microsoft OneDrive (instructions included!)
Templates are included to create, develop, write, edit, present, and assess your students’ Insect Research Report. This report (or performance task) is also designed to not only to learn and explain the new information, but answer some higher level thinking questions (Common Core Essential Questions) to apply the knowledge they have learned. Students will do all of their research via the Internet and print media (this is not included in this product). Our product is designed to assess and show what your students have learned and share it with you, their parents, and perhaps the class if you’d like them to present it.
We have also included a printable version of this product!
A simple rubric and student checklist is included.
You can use this report template in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the slides you wish to use and tailor it to your students’ needs. This package contains the following Insect Research Report elements/questions:
Report Template includes:
1. Title Page- Templates Provided-Topic, student’s name, and teacher’s name
2. Which insect did you choose and why did you choose it?
3. Describe every part of the insect’s anatomy including its head, thorax, abdomen, and other parts of its body. Describe its size, colors, and any other aspects of it appearance.
4. Describe your insect’s senses and how does it know about what is happening around them?
5. How does your insect make sound, describe the sound that it makes (if any) and what is the purpose of this sound?
6. How does your insect breathe?
7. Describe the shelter and habitat of your insect. (page to insert pictures included)
8. Describe your insect’s life cycle. (page to insert life cycle pictures included)
9. How does your insect travel from place to place?
10. What does your insect eat and how did it get its food? Where is your insect in the food chain?
11. How does your insect protect itself and does it do anything to camouflage itself?
12. What other insects is your insect closely related to?
13. How long does your insect live?
14. On which continents does you’re your insect live and how long have your insects been living on our planet? Are there any fossils found of your insect and where were they found? (page to insert map included)
15. Does your insect amazing strength? Can it jump far? What are some interesting or special facts about your insect?
16. Compare and contrast your insect with another insect that interests you. What are their similarities and differences?
17. Is your insect considered a harmful insect or a helpful insect? Write about how humans view your insect and why they view it this way.
18. If you got to be a member of your insect’s species for a day, what would your day be like? Describe what a typical day for your insect would be like, and how would it be different than a typical day in your life?
19. Blank page to add to any of the questions if more room is needed.
20. Additional Information page for any other facts not discussed in other areas of the report if needed.
21. A page to help your students find information for their report.
22. Resource Page and Bibliography Template- I use the Resource Page template because my students are not ready to learn the rules of a true bibliography, but if you teach bibliography skills I have included a template for you.
23. Note Taking page for students to take notes as they gather research on their insect.
24. Rubrics- Performance Task for the Written Report
25. Blank Rubric
26. Insect Report Checklist for students to check if all performance tasks are completed and included.
27. Editing and Revising Checklist.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Planet Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
State Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Animal Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Biography Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Country Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Ocean Animal Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Volcano Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Native American Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Dinosaur Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Earthquake Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
City Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Thirteen Colonies Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Human Body Digestive Excretory System Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Human Body Circulatory System Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Human Body Respiratory System Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
California Mission Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
California Gold Rush Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Autobiography Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Weather Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Water Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Ecology Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Reptile Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Plants Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Polar Animal Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Amphibian Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Reading Graphic Organizers For Google Drive and Google Classroom
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright 2015 The Teacher TeamTM
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
DISCLAIMER: These materials were prepared by The Teacher Team and have neither been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Google.