| Insect Research | Special Education | Spring | Life Skills | Reading | Writing | Unit One |
With the weather warming up outside, this download is the perfect way to start teaching your students about the different kinds of insects that will slowly be making their way out again. Although initially designed for special education, life skills students, any student could benefit from the hands-on, visual, and step-by-step directions given in this entire packet.
Interested in the DIGITAL, GOOGLE DRIVE version of this download? Click Here!
What is nice about this purchase is that students get to learn about insects in a variety of ways. Clip art images, real images, and text as well! If your students are anything like mine, they really struggle pulling meaningful information from the internet. They either copy an entire paragraph of words they don't understand or spend all their time trying to find one part of their research. This download was created so the guesswork could be taken out and students could already have all the information laid out for them in an easy to read format.
How I Use This in My Classroom
Depending on the size of your classroom, I create centers and students rotate through each center where there is a different insect assigned. I laminate the posters that have all the information present and put 2-3 copies at each table. Students then participate collaboratively and answer the questions about each insect. When they are done, they rotate to the next center. We then meet as a group and share what we learned about each insect together as a class! Kids absolutely love it, and the scaffolded process really helps them engage in a much more meaningful way!
- Insect brainstorm sheet
- Insect cut and paste activity (clip art)
- Insect cut and paste activity (real images)
- Ladybug poster with 10 comprehension questions
- Butterfly poster with 10 comprehension questions
- Ant poster with 10 comprehension questions
- Bee poster with 10 comprehension questions
Interested in Other Insect Themed Items?
- Insect Research, Unit One: Click Here!
- Insect Research, Unit One (Google Drive): Click Here!
- Insect Research, Unit Two: Click Here!
- Insect Research, Unit Two (Google Drive): Click Here!
- Insect Research, Unit Three (Interactive Notebook): Click Here!
- Want the PRINT AND GO Insect Bundle?: Click Here!
- Want the GOOGLE Insect Bundle?: Click Here!
Interested in Other Spring Themed Items?
- April Warm Ups: Click Here!
- May Warm Ups: Click Here!
- Spring Color By Number: Click Here!
- Spring Budget: Click Here!
- Spring Budget GOOGLE Activity: Click Here!
- Spring Literacy: Click Here!
- Spring Math Activities: Click Here!
- Google Drawing - Spring Edition: Click Here!
- Spring Visual Recipe, Candy Flowers: Click Here!
- Ultimate Spring Bundle: Click Here!
Interested in Other Popular Life Skills Lessons?
Recipe Comprehension:Click Here!
Coupons, Reading Emphasis: Click Here!
Food Directions: Click Here!
Medicine Labels: Click Here!
Receipts: Click Here!
Tickets: Click Here!
Hours of Operation: Click Here!
Safety Signs, Community Signs: Click Here!
Dollar Up, 1s, 5s, and 10s: Click Here!
Menu Math:Click Here!
How to Use a Microwave:Click Here!
How to Use a Stove:Click Here!
How to Use an Oven:Click Here!
Coupons, Picture Emphasis:Click Here!
Bus Schedules:Click Here!
Measuring Cups:Click Here!
Follow My Store!
To follow my store simply click on “follow me” under Life Skills Creations on the top of my store page. You will be one of the first people to know when I have a sale or post new Life Skills Freebies in my store.
Leave Feedback and Earn Credits!
Don’t forget to leave feedback after you purchase a product! Leaving feedback also earns you "credits" which can be used for discounts on future purchases. I would very much appreciate your positive feedback!