Students love this inquiry-based research project! Download the Preview file to see samples of what is included in this package!
Students are given the choice of 1 out of 6 different insects to research using iPads or tablets. With any QR code scanning app, students are provided with 4 codes per insect that take them to kid-friendly websites full of meaningful information. This resource is all you need for inquiry-based learning all about insects. The QR codes and research elements provided in this resource can also be used alongside non-fiction textbooks and other forms of insect information that you may have.
This resource includes:
• Insect posters (characteristics, entomologists, and showing the six insects included in this resource).
• Six different insects to research with 4 QR codes to kid-friendly websites. This resource allows students to research grasshoppers, dragonflies, ladybugs, fireflies, honey bees, and ants.
• An entomologist journal for all insects. Students gather information and record all about the insect’s
• Defence Mechanisms
• Life Cycle
• Helpful/Harmful towards human
• Favourite Fact
• Summative writing response about a student’s favourite insect.
From here, you can choose how you wish for students to present their findings.