Insects Trading Cards and Posters! This is a set of 16 insects trading cards that you can use with your students when teaching life science. I created them to look like trading cards and my students LOVE using them. I’ve also included an enlarged poster set of the cards that you can post in your classroom as an insect bulletin board or word wall.
This set includes:
• 16 insect trading cards with an insect’s name and picture on the front. The back has information about each insect such as its habitat, diet, and a cool fact.
• The same 16 insect cards with the words on them but blank spaces for students to draw their own picture and room to fill in the information about the insects.
• 8 blank cards that students can use to add more insect to as they come across them in their studies.
• A template for a labeled box that students can cut out, write their name on and color to store their insect cards in.
• An enlarged poster set of the cards that you can post in your classroom as an insect bulletin board or word wall
• A list of ways you can use these insect tradings cards with your students that is based on Robert Marzano’s “Six Steps to Better Vocabulary Instruction”. This list helps me because I can show parents, administrators, other teachers, etc. that I’m using research-based methods in my classroom.
• Trading Card Manual: 15 pages of tips and ideas on how to use these trading cards in your class.
I print these insect cards out double sided on card stock so they look and feel like real trading cards but they work just as well on regular paper.
The 16 insects included in this set are:
• Praying mantis
• Walking stick
Here are some similar products:
Insects Trading Cards
Animal Kingdom Vocabulary Cards and Word Wall
Check out my other SCIENCE
Thanks for looking and be sure to check out the other fun vocabulary cards and games in
Insects Trading Cards and Posters
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License