This package contains literacy and math centers to help you facilitate and insects theme teaching unit. In this package there is a balance of NO PREP and prep required centers. This package offers almost 100 NO PREP PRINTABLES as well as other prep required tooLs to help you facilitate an insects theme for Kindergarten to grade 1 students. In this package you will find literacy, science and math printables as well as a few original songs/poems I wrote in addition to interactive crafts.
***ON SALE APRIL 1-31, 2016 TO CELEBRATE SPRING****
I presently have 3 insect units posted
AN INSECTS MEGA PACK
WHICH INCLUDES LESSON PLANS, NO PREP PRINTABLES AND PREP REQUIRED CENTERS
INSECTS MEGA PACK (No prep printables, lesson plans and centers
AN INSECTS PRINTABLES AND PREP REQUIRED CENTERS
INSECTS- NO PREP PRINTABLES AND CENTER ACTIVITIES****THIS PACK****
AN INSECTS NO PREP PRINTABLES ONLY
INSECTS-NO PREP PRINTABLES ONLY
I divided the MEGA PACK into the other smaller packs- ALL OF THESE PACKAGES CONTAIN THE SAME WORKSHEETS
THE DIFFERENCES ARE
The MEGA PACK contains lesson plans, printables and center activities.
The PRINTABLES and CENTERS PACK contains only the center activities and worksheets.
The NO PREP INSECTS PACK contains only the worksheets
Here’s what’s included
1. If I were a caterpillar I would eat… (Journal entry)
2. Butterfly coloring page
3. Butterflies: Are, Can, Have, Need black and white information visual
4. My little butterfly –ORIGINAL POEM I WROTE
5. I know things about butterflies (a journal book)
6. Go buggy with rhymes
7. I can make new /ug/ family words
8. Label the butterfly- cut and paste
9. 2x Same Beginning sounds- color the item in each row that starts with the same letter as the insect shown
10. I can draw things that start with the same letter as the insect shown
11. I can cut and paste to show the same beginning sound
12. I can name and color insects
13. This is what I look like when I am grouch/happy (follow up to “The Grouchy Ladybug)
14. If I were the grouchy ladybug, I would look like…
15. When I’m grouchy I…
16. Beginning or ending g?
17. Beginning of ending L?
18. I’m bringing home my baby honey bee (song lyrics)
19. If I were a bee (Version 1-cut and paste)
20. If I were a bee (Version 2- draw and write)
21. Short e/long ee black and white full page card visual
22. Short e/long ee- worksheet
23. Short e/long ee- cut and paste
24. 16 black and white trivia cards for group activities (my original work)
25. Label the butterfly- cut ans paste
26. Label the butterfly life cycle- cut and paste
27. My pet butterfly (ART TEMPLATE- CRAFTIVITY)
28. Life Cycle of a butterfly (ART TEMPLATE- CRAFTIVITY)
29. Label the insect- cut and paste
30. I can draw my favorite insect
31. Ladybug information card- black/white
32. Ladybugs: ARE, CAN, HAVE,NEED- information
33. Label the ladybug- cut and paste
34. Ladybug life cycle (ART TEMPLATE- CRAFTIVITY)
35. I can draw a ladybug
36. Bee life cycle (ART TEMPLATE-BOOK CRAFT)
37. Bees: ARE, CAN, HAVE,NEED information visual
38. BEES: ARE, CAN, HAVE, NEED worksheet 1 (write)
39. BEES: ARE, CAN, HAVE, NEED worksheet 1 (cut and paste)
40. Compare bees with butterflies
41. 6x full page black and white visuals about harmful/helpful insects
42. I can find and color helpful insects
43. Does it hatch from an egg (Cut and paste)
44. I can draw and color 3 animals that hatch from eggs (draw)
45. Cut and paste to label the insects
46. Which letters are missing on the caterpillar- missing letters
47. Does the insect fly? Or not? Cut and paste
48. RHYME TIME- make a match
49. Word family ug words- draw a line to all the ug words
50. Consonant blend FL (Draw a line to all the words that start with FL)
51. Spin and color insect words
52. Spin and color sight words (my, can, come, this , look, big)
53. Which insect is in my jar? (beginning sound match)
54. 2x Beginning sounds- dab all the letters that start with the same letter as the insect shown
55. Insect or not insect?
56. 2x Buzzing Sums (addition 1-10)
57. Graph it (version 1)
58. Graph it (Version 2-caterpillar graphing)
59. 2xCount by 10’s and fill the missing numbers
60. Addition 1-20
61. Making numbers 5-6-7
62. Making numbers 6,8,10
63. Count and match same quantities 6-7-8
64. Count, cut and paste quantities (bees to hives)
65. How many insects in each jar? Cut and paste the numerals
66. Buzzing with numbers 2-9 (cut and paste for a peek a boo effect)
67. Making numbers 11,12,13
68. Making numbers 15,17,19
69. 4-5-6 cut and paste to show quantity
70. 2x Making 10
71. Count and color groups of 6
72. Count and color the correct number to show how many
73. Create a caterpillar using the math info shown
74. Draw a caterpillar using the math info shown
75. How many cubes long am i?
76. How many paper clips long am i?
77. I can cut and paste small to large
78. 4x what shapes am I made of? (identify, count, record)
79. Original math counting song lyrics
80. Tools for the math songs to be used during circle or group
81. Addition mats (just print and put in sleeve)
82. 5 Little ladybugs-original song I wrote
83. Addition to 5
84. I can subtract from 5
85. Problem solve-subtraction from 5
86. My favorite insect (small cards to be used for tallying activity)
87. 2x graph it with color key
Literacy additional centers (Prep Required)
• CVC word building (5 different mats+ black and white Mat) + picture words to build words using all 5 vowels
• What is busy bee carrying in her box? Beginning sounds center mat
Math Additional Centers (Prep Required)
• More than-less than (pin it)
• Buzzing sums- addition mats (1-10)
• Addition blank jar mats to be used with small critters and counter insects
• Addition blank Ladybug mats with addition strips (use with dots)
• Graphing mats (to be used with objects and a data cards provided)
• Ten frame mats (10+20 frame) insects theme
• Bee Safe- TRIVIA BOARD GAME (can be literacy or math tool)
• Butterfly life cycle art and bulletin board display (adaptable to be used in several ways)- added April 2016
CCSS Objectives targeted with these are:
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.CC.A.1-Count to 100 by ones and by tens.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.CC.A.2-Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence (instead of having to begin at 1).
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.CC.A.3-Write numbers from 0 to 20. Represent a number of objects with a written numeral 0-20 (with 0 representing a count of no objects).
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.CC.B.4-Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities; connect counting to cardinality.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.CC.B.4.A-When counting objects, say the number names in the standard order, pairing each object with one and only one number name and each number name with one and only one object.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.CC.B.4.B-Understand that the last number name said tells the number of objects counted. The number of objects is the same regardless of their arrangement or the order in which they were counted.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.CC.B.4.C-Understand that each successive number name refers to a quantity that is one larger.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.CC.B.5-Count to answer "how many?" questions about as many as 20 things arranged in a line, a rectangular array, or a circle, or as many as 10 things in a scattered configuration; given a number from 1-20, count out that many objects.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.CC.C.6-Identify whether the number of objects in one group is greater than, less than, or equal to the number of objects in another group, e.g., by using matching and counting strategies.1
CCSS.K.MD.A.1-Describe measurable attributes of objects, such as length or weight. Describe several measurable attributes of a single object.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.MD.B.3-Classify objects into given categories; count the numbers of objects in each category and sort the categories by count.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.1.D-Recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.2-Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.2.A-Recognize and produce rhyming words.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.2.C-Blend and segment onsets and rimes of single-syllable spoken words.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.2.E-Add or substitute individual sounds (phonemes) in simple, one-syllable words to make new words.
CCSS.RF.K.3.A-Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.3.B-Associate the long and short sounds with the common spellings (graphemes) for the five major vowels.
CCSS.RF.K.3.C Read common high-frequency words by sight (e.g., the, of, to, you, she, my, is, are, do,does).
If there are any questions or concerns, please contact me at Marcellemariani@gmail.com
Key words: Insects theme pack, insects math, literacy and science printables, insects unit, insects tools, insects math and literacy fun, insects center activities, insects teaching unit, insect craft ideas and templates