Insects: This is part of my Nonfiction Bundle #1
This nonfiction mini-unit on insects is a great way to start, supplement or use as a focus as part of your studies. I have included 8 fact cards - in 2 different formats - about insects, along with response activities. There are text-dependent questions for each card, graphic organizers, a "read the room" question set, response activities and writing pages.
These cards are perfect to use projected on a whiteboard, hung around the room, as a small group activity or as independent work. Here's what's included:
- 8 full color fact cards: (8 vertical full page, 8 half page, great for independent or partner work)
- Text Dependent Questions: one page for each insect, including specific text questions, vocabulary words, identifying details and using text to draw and answer
- Question cards and recording sheet for a "read the room" activity
- Buggy Bump game board and cards: a fun way for students to review what they have learned
- Graphic Organizers: 1 page specific to the insects in this unit and 1 (lined and unlined) to use with any insect
- Writing Paper (handwriting lines, regular lines and unlined)
Be sure to take a look at the preview to see what's included and download a FREEBIE!
Looking for more nonfiction units? Click HERE
to see them all!
Being a Scientist
All About Reindeer
All About Turkeys
Endangered Animals nonfiction
Animals in Winter
All About Spiders
All About American Robins
All About Groundhogs
All About Frogs
All About Ladybugs
All About Rabbits
Thanks for stopping by! ~ Lisa, Second Grade Stories