This lesson is a Flash application created using Adobe Flash. Once you have unzipped the folder, Adobe Flash Player is required to open and run this program. Please check that you have this free Flash Player installed on your computer!
This is a preview of the type of interactive whiteboard lessons that Gecko Interactive has created.
♦ Each of the pages on Insects has interactive features to engage and involve your kids.
- Insect characteristics - labeling an ant by dragging in labels.
- Body parts - dragging in words to complete a paragraph.
- 'Build a bee' - touch and drag body parts to construct this insect.
- Life cycles - complete and incomplete metamorphosis.
- Identifying insects - sorting into groups - a drag and drop activity.
- Social insects - a termite colony.
- Insect Quiz - a consolidation activity.
♦ A separate folder contains an interactive Insect Word Search game which the children always love doing.
♦ A worksheet, teacher's notes and answers are also included.
If you download this freebie, I would appreciate if you leave a comment or rating as a thank you. Thanks!
You may also be interested in these products!
Camouflage - an interactive Whiteboard and Smartboard lesson
Seed Dispersal - an interactive Whiteboard and Smartboard lesson
Day and Night - an interactive Whiteboard and Smartboard lesson
Mapping Skills - an interactive Whiteboard and Smartboard lesson