Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.16 MB | 66 pages
This teaching unit is designed to accompany Thanhha Lai's novel Inside Out & Back Again. This powerful novel is divided into four parts. This teaching unit includes a vocabulary list for each of the four parts, an activity for each part, and a test for each part. Post reading activities are also included! With this packet, no prep is needed! All of the work is planned out for you! Use these activities and tests to teach the novel as a whole-class read, for homework, for group work in literature circles, or as an independent read.
Activities Included for each part:
1. Papaya Poetry Writing Activity
2. List of Things Writing Activity
3. Out the Too High Window Writing Activity
1. Part 1 - 20 multiple choice questions and 2 open-ended response questions
2. Part 2 - 16 multiple choice questions and 2 open-ended response questions
3. Part 3 - 30 multiple choice questions and 2 open-ended response questions
4. Part 4 - 11 multiple choice questions and 1 open-ended response question
Post Reading Activities
Activity on determining theme
Reading Strategy - Notice when things are repeated
Analyze how setting affects characters
I Am Poem
Top 10 quotes
**Bonus We are including reading signposts handouts to accompany this novel. Based on the book Notice and Note by Kylene Beers and Robert Probst, these handouts and charts will help your students become better readers! You can use these handouts with this story and with every novel and story you teach!
This is a game changer for the way you teach close reading. With this packet, you will download handouts that explain the six "signposts" of reading. Handouts are also included for you to find the signposts in "Inside Out & Back Again". Answer keys are included. We guarantee you're going to LOVE this, and you will be able to use these handouts with every other story and novel you read all year!