Looking to support your student's emotional needs?
This activity supports, Understanding Emotional Intensities and How to Keep Them Under Control
Watching Movies IS GOOD FOR YOU!
Especially if you can learn a life lesson or two from them!
This is a great movie for teaching students about Emotional Intelligence and helping them understand how emotions can impact their daily lives. Healthy strategies for dealing with emotions are taught at the end.
This workshop is suggested for grades 4-6.
• Identifying emotions
• Understanding that there is value in all emotions
• Considering how emotions help us to understand and navigate the world around us
• Exploring the benefits of talking about feelings and trying to understand how others have felt in similar situations
• Exploring the concept of well-being
• Understanding the importance of well-balanced emotions
• Discussing healthy strategies for emotional balance
Here's a quick breakdown of what you get:
• Teacher Notes with directions and suggestions for leading activities
• A schedule with number of minutes to allot for each activity
• Student activity pages
• California GATE Program Standards (synopsis)
All you have to do is print the workshop pages and make student copies.
The following materials are needed to complete all activities:
• Inside Out Movie and Player
If you’re looking for another Movie Guide, check this one out…
The Croods, A Guide to Anxiety and Fear
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love feedback!
TPT teacher authors appreciate you taking time out to provide some detail about how you like or how you used their products.
If you are dissatisfied for any reason, please offer me the chance to tweak or make corrections to the product before leaving a negative review. To do this, simply send me an email so that I have a chance to make sure your expectations are met.
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,
Follow me at:
My TpT Store: GATER Educator
Instagram: GATER Educator
Facebook: GATER Educator
©GATER Educator. All rights reserved
This complete 2.5 Hour Enrichment Workshop is perfect for a GATE pullout program, Monthly Gifted Curriculum, Parent-led enrichment, Grade-level rotation, Homeschool, After-school or Sub Plans