Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
You get everything you need for the price of less than one novel. My lesson plans are very detailed. They expose students to many literary terms and devices, used to make a story come to life (i.e. Theme, Conflict, Characterization, Similes, Foreshadowing, etc.). Common Core Standards for reading (literature) and writing are also included.
This novel study includes:
• A Teacher’s Guide (objectives, discussion questions, and answer keys)
• A Student’s Packet (essential questions, vocabulary, projects/activities)
• CCSS Reading/Writing/Language Standards
• Literary Devices Definitions (i.e. Theme, Conflict, Symbolism, etc.)
• Teacher Tips for a Successful Book Discussion
• Additional Novel-Specific Handouts
This is a beautifully written book told by a young refugee girl who comes to America from Vietnam and must navigate old and new traditions. A great historical fiction that my students loved!
Visit my wide variety of Novels Lesson Plans on Teachers Pay Teachers, as well as my book, "Creative Curriculum Extenders: Differentiated Projects for the Language Arts Classroom" published by Prufrock Press Inc.