Products in this Bundle (5)
This Women's History Month, celebrate with the inspirational words of incredible women from the worlds of sports, science, writing, business, and the arts! With 130 posters in total, you can choose your favorites or use them all. Let's make Women's History Month a year-round thing!
Each poster includes:
- an inspirational quote from an accomplished female scientist, athlete, author, artist, or entrepreneur
- the name of the female scientist, athlete, author, entrepreneur, or artist and the years they lived (many are still alive)
- a brief (one to three line) description of their role or achievements in their chosen field
This money-saving bundle includes all the fantastic quotes found in these sets:
The scientists featured include:
Maria Mitchell, Florence Bascom, Anne Jump Cannon, Ynes Mexia, Lillian Gilbreth, Edith Clarke, Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Barbara McClintock, Grace Hopper, Rachel Carson, Gertrude Elion, Katherine Johnson, Rosalyn Sussman Yalow, Esther Lederberg, Stephanie Kwolek, Vera Rubin, Annie Easley, Sylvia Earle, Margaret Hamilton, Jeanne Lee Crews, Patricia Bath, Shirley Ann Jackson, Linda Buck, Temple Grandin, Patricia Cowings, Mae Jemison, and Ellen Stofan
The artists featured include:
Mary Edmonia Lewis, Mary Cassatt, Julia Morgan, Georgia O’Keffee, Alma Thomas, Augusta Savage, Dorothea Lange, Margaret Burke-White, Loïs Mailou Jones, Lee Miller, Mary Blair, Elizabeth Catlett, Toshiko Takaezu, Diane Arbus, Ruth Asawa, Norma Sklarek, Helen Frankenthaler, Faith Ringgold, Sheila Hicks, Paula Scher, Ginny Ruffner, Chakaia Booker, Susan Kare, Maya Lin, and Lorna Simpson
The athletes featured include:
Annie Smith Peck, Gertrude Ederle, Babe Didrikson Zaharias, Toni Stone, Althea Gibson, Sue Sally Hale, Wilma Rudolph, Billie Jean King, Patti McGee, Anita DeFrantz, Flora Hyman, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Julie Krone, Bonnie Blair, Kristi Yamaguchi, Mia Hamm, Lisa Leslie, Melissa Stockwell, Serena Williams, Kelly Clark, Lindsey Vonn, Ronda Rousey, Ashley Flolek, Katie Ledecky, and Simone Biles
The authors featured include:
Murasaki Shikibu, Mary Shelley, Harriet Beecher Stowe, Mary Ann Evans, Selma Lagerlöf, Edith Wharton, Lucy Maud Montgomery, Virginia Woolf, Gabriela Mistral, Agatha Christie, Zora Neale Hurston, Ayn Rand, Tove Jansson, Gwendolyn Brooks, Madeleine L'Engle, Harper Lee, Maya Angelou, Ursula K. Le Guin, Margaret Atwood, Alice Walker, Jamaica Kincaid, Octavia E. Butler, Amy Tan, Herta Müller, J.K. Rowling, Zadie Smith, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, and Porochista Khakpour
The entrepreneurs featured include:
Elizabeth Keckley, Madam C. J. Walker, Elizabeth Arden, Olive Ann Beech, Estée Lauder, Ruth Handler, Lillian Vernon, Anita Roddick, Barbara Corcoran, Arianna Huffington, Folorunso Alakija, Oprah Winfrey, Indra Nooyi, Debbi Fields, Virginia "Ginni" Rometty, Anne Sweeney, Cher Wang, Mary Barra, Tory Burch, Yang Lan, Susan Wojcicki, Sheryl Sandberg, Angie Hicks, Marissa Mayer, and Katia Beauchamp
Ideas on how to use these Inspirational Quotes Posters:
- Pick your favorites and use them to make a bulletin board to celebrate Women’s History Month
- Display a new quote on your board each day of Women’s History Month (or one to two quotes each week throughout the school year) for students to see as they walk into class
- Print them and make a border around your classroom or chalkboard
- Display them in random places around your classroom or school and allow your students to discover them (you could even turn this into a scavenger hunt)
- Use the athletes posters to decorate the locker room and inspire your student athletes
- Use the artists posters as a source of inspiration for your students to draw on as they create their own works of art (they could even embed the quotes directly into the final pieces themselves in a collage or mixed media piece)
- Use the scientists posters to decorate a lab space and inspire your student scientists
- Use the entrepreneurs posters to inspire your students to create their own business plans
- Have your students use the authors posters as the basis for a creative writing assignment or a position paper on whether they agree with the writer’s perspective
- Let your students pick one of the women featured to research in more depth as an extra credit or enrichment assignment
- Have each student find out more about one of the female artists, athletes, entrepreneurs, authors, or scientists and share what they learned as you present the corresponding quote
I know that you’re going to love what these posters bring to your classroom!
CLICK HERE to follow Impossible Things Learning and be notified when I add new items to my store!
- The posters will come as a PDF file that you can print or display on a screen.
- Each poster fits on one page of the PDF and each page is 8.5 inches by 11 inches (standard printer paper size).
- If you want to display them on a screen using a projector (with your SMART Board or Promethean Board for example), just open the file in Adobe and select “View” and then “Full Screen Mode”. From there, use the arrows on your keyboard (or the screen) to advance the slides. I’ve included a link to the Adobe page of directions detailing how to do this in the file as well.
- Printers vary so you may need to play around a bit with the printer settings to get the finished look you prefer. I recommend only printing one poster at a time when you first try it out so you can see how it looks and make sure it is what you want before you print the rest.