Also included in
- This Women's History Month, celebrate with the inspirational words of incredible women from the worlds of sports, science, writing, business, and the arts! With 130 posters in total, you can choose your favorites or use them all. Let's make Women's History Month a year-round thing! Each poster incl$20.00$25.00Save $5.00
- This Women's History Month, celebrate with the inspirational words of incredible American women from the worlds of sports, science, and the arts! With 77 posters in total, you can choose your favorites or use them all. Let's make Women's History Month a year-round thing! Each poster includes:an insp$12.50$15.00Save $2.50
These inspirational quotes posters from female artists are a perfect way to celebrate Women’s History Month in any classroom (especially an Art or Art History one)! This set includes 25 posters in a convenient PDF format (one poster per page). You will see a truly diverse spectrum of amazingly accomplished American female artists represented in this collection of inspiring quotes. I really enjoyed researching these women and finding a dynamic quote for each one. There are many familiar faces in this collection, but there are others that I couldn’t believe I wasn’t more familiar with once I saw what amazing works they had created. By incorporating these posters into your classroom, you will be sending a subtle, but powerful message that women have been making steady and meaningful contributions to the world of art (and the world at large) for longer than they are often given credit. Let’s make Women’s History Month a year-round thing!
Each poster includes:
- an inspirational quote from an accomplished female artist
- the name of the artist and the years they lived (many are still alive)
- a brief (two line) description of their artistic style or what they achieved in world of art
You will find fantastic and inspiring quotes from the following artists:
Mary Edmonia Lewis, Mary Cassatt, Julia Morgan, Georgia O’Keffee, Alma Thomas, Augusta Savage, Dorothea Lange, Margaret Burke-White, Loïs Mailou Jones, Lee Miller, Mary Blair, Elizabeth Catlett, Toshiko Takaezu, Diane Arbus, Ruth Asawa, Norma Sklarek, Helen Frankenthaler, Faith Ringgold, Sheila Hicks, Paula Scher, Ginny Ruffner, Chakaia Booker, Susan Kare, Maya Lin, and Lorna Simpson
The artistic fields represented include:
sculpture, fiber and textile art, ceramics, printmaking, glass art, painting (including impressionist, modern, abstract, and expressionist styles), architecture, photography, graphic design, animation, and illustration
Ideas on how to use these Female Artists Quotes Posters:
- Pick your favorites and use them to make a bulletin board to celebrate Women’s History Month
- Display a new quote on your board each day of Women’s History Month for students to see as they walk into class (a great no-prep option!)
- Print them and make a border around your chalkboard
- Display them in random places around your classroom and allow your students to discover them (you could even turn this into a scavenger hunt)
- Have your students create their own works of art using these quotes as inspiration (or directly embedded into the final works themselves in a collage or mixed media piece)
- Let your students pick one of the female artists to research in more depth as an extra credit or enrichment assignment
- Have each student find out more about a particular artist and share what they learned as you present the corresponding quote (works well as an individual assignment if you have 25 or fewer students in your class, otherwise they would need to work with a partner)
Interested in more great quotes posters to celebrate Women’s History Month? Be sure to click on the links below for my posters featuring inspiring quotes from female scientists, athletes, authors, and entrepreneurs:
Interested in all these sets? Purchase them together and get a discount! Click the link below to check out this money-saving bundle:
Interested in Inspirational Quotes Posters to celebrate Black History Month? Be sure to click on the link below for my posters featuring inspiring quotes from African American artists:
Please note: While some female artists are celebrated in both my Women’s History Month and my Black History Month Inspirational Quotes Posters sets, their featured quotes do not repeat. You get a brand-new, inspiring quote from them in each set!
I know that you’re going to love what these posters bring to your classroom!
CLICK HERE to follow Impossible Things Learning and be notified when I add new items to my store!
- The posters will come as a PDF file that you can print or display on a screen.
- Each poster fits on one page of the PDF and each page is 8.5 inches by 11 inches (standard printer paper size).
- If you want to display them on a screen using a projector (with your SMART Board or Promethean Board for example), just open the file in Adobe and select “View” and then “Full Screen Mode”. From there, use the arrows on your keyboard (or the screen) to advance the slides. I’ve included a link to the Adobe page of directions detailing how to do this in the file as well.
- Printers vary so you may need to play around a bit with the printer settings to get the finished look you prefer. I recommend only printing one poster at a time when you first try it out so you can see how it looks and make sure it is what you want before you print the rest.