I designed this product to be not just a group of inspirational quotes, but to also provide students and teachers with opportunities to discuss, reflect upon, and internalize the meanings of these quotes.
Included are five posters with inspirational quotes attributed to the following people:
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Lao Tzu (ancient Chinese philosopher)
- Albert Einstein
- Winston Churchill
- Benjamin Franklin
- Two journaling/reflection/discussion prompts for each quote. These prompts are meant to promote deeper thinking that can help guide young people through tough obstacles when setting and achieving their goals. (prompts are presented in two formats:
- Cut apart strips that can be posted into writing journals for personal reflection
- Individual cards for whole or small group discussion
Teacher note: These quotes would also work well incorporated into interdisciplinary units on biographical/historical figures.