Using the concept of social media is a great way to interest and engage your students. The Instagram and Twitter template allows students to add text and pictures but keeps the design locked so that they won't mistakenly move or delete background.
There are so many uses for these templates. Use it with reading to have students highlight a character. Use it with social studies to focus on a historical person. Use it with science and have students record their information from an animal or landform point of view.
When students are using the template they only need to click the mountain in the picture box to upload their picture or click the text box to type their information. What could be easier?
• Powerpoint Twitter template for students to use
• Twitter example to share with students
• Paper Twitter template. Note: because of space limitations the paper template includes room to write 4 tweets instead of 5 like the digital template. Students can simply write their 5th tweet on the back.
• Powerpoint Instagram template for students to use
• Instagram example to share with students
• Instagram note taking sheet
• Instagram planning sheet
Note: I save my students' finished work as a JPEG (one of the saving choices in PowerPoint) so that is a picture when finished and doesn't require opening PowerPoint when students are viewing their project.
In order to include the paper and the digital template it is a zipped file. To unzip simply right click on the folder after you download it and click Extract All.
Only want one template? You can find them separately in my store.
Also check out the Tumblr template I have listed.
If you love the concept of social media in the classroom or the ease of using templates check out these products in my store.