This resource includes three valuable, time-saving tools for instructional coaches:
The Instructional Coaching Binder MegaPack
(725+ pages of printable and editable/fillable forms and binder materials)
The Start-Up Guide to Instructional Coaching
(an 85-page ebook)
The Instructional Coach's Book of Plans and Lists
(35 pages of checklists and plans to help you prepare for everything)
This resource is a zip file with all files in it.
The Instructional Coaching Binder MegaPack
This product includes over 900 pages of printables and editable/fillable forms to support instructional coaches in observing classrooms, planning PLCs and units with teachers, professional development, documenting, and organizing! Editable binder covers and labels included, which constitutes 600 of the pages included in this file.
This product is a .zip file with five documents in it.
Instructional Coaching Fillable Forms: designed to fill and print! Use with Preview or Adobe Acrobat to edit the empty information and print it out.
Instructional Coaching Printable Forms: designed to print and fill! Every fillable form has been designed for filling out by hand by including lines.
Sample Forms: designed for helping coaches use the forms in this product. Information on what to write and how to use the forms has been provided in this document.
Editable Binder Covers & Calendars: Use Adobe Acrobat to edit the binder covers so all of your materials match! 15 style options included!
The Instructional Coaching MegaPack contains the following documents in the above three formats:
Instructional Coaching and Observation Tools:
- School Initiatives Plan
- Instructional Support Log
- Coaching Cycle and Conference (2 pgs.)
- Book Study Meeting Plan
- Classroom Observation Log
- General Classroom Observation Form
- Focused Classroom Observation: Student Participation (2 pgs.)
- Focused Classroom Observation: Lesson Alignment (2 pgs.)
- Focused Classroom Observation: Compliance vs. Engagement (2 pgs.)
- Focused Classroom Observation: Time Management (2 pgs.)
- Teacher Instructional Goal Setting (with accountability piece)
- Teacher Instructional Goal Setting
- Grade Level Goal Setting (with accountability piece)
- Grade Level Goal Setting
- Praise Notes (3 pages) - 15 different style versions available in the printable binder materials file!
- Classroom Observation Notes
Data Review Documents
- Reflecting on Data Bookmarks
- Data Review (2 versions)
- Standard Review
Planning Professional Development
- Professional Development Sign-In (3 versions)
- Ideas for Professional Development
- Professional Development Calendar (printable only; not fillable)
- Planning Professional Development Organizer (2 versions)
- Professional Development Agenda (2 versions)
Collaborative Planning Guides
- Focusing on the Standards
- Integrating Data Review
- Considering Misconceptions
- Planning Day-to-Day (2 versions)
- Weekly Planning Guide
Calendars, Schedules, and Logs
- Printable Only Color Monthly Calendar - 15 different style versions! (not editable)
- Printable Only Black and White Monthly Calendar (not editable)
- Week at a Glance: Planning Your Week
- Daily Plan with Time Frames
- Daily Plan (3 versions)
- Daily Log (Record of Activities)
- Student Intervention Log
- Event Planning To-Do
Teacher Documentation and Collection
- Teacher Documentation Form (3 times a year)
- Teacher Documentation Form (BOY, MOY, EOY)
- Teacher Documentation Form (monthly record)
- Teacher Documentation Form (9 times)
- Tutoring Log (Student Attendance)
- At-Risk List by Teacher
- At-Risk List with Teacher and Grade
- At-Risk List with Teacher, Grade, and Qualifying Criteria
- Teacher Documentation Received with Date
- Teacher Documentation Received with 8 slots
- Teacher Documentation Received by Grade Level
- Grade Level Meeting Notes (2 versions)
Response to Intervention Forms
- RtI Master List (2 versions)
- RtI Referral Form (2 pgs.)
- Progress Monitoring Form
- Response to Intervention Log
- Response to Intervention Meeting Log
Purchasing, Clerical and Such
- To-Do List
- Teacher Materials Issued Log
- Resource Checkout Sheet
- Purchasing Log
Binder Covers and Labels (editable in the "Editable Binder Covers File) 15 different styles, including:
- Black and white for easy printing
- Bright chevron
- Confetti pattern party
- Watercolor flowers
- Black, white, and pink dahlias
- Gold & white
- Blue and yellow flowers
- Bright pencils
- Blush flowers
- School supplies
- Crosshatched desktop
- Salsa: citrus and lime chevron
Included in each style
- Grade Level Binders: Prekindergarten through eighth grade binder cover and spine label for a 3" binder
- Subject Binders: Reading, Writing, Social Studies, Math, Science
- Data Binder
- Teacher Documentation Binder
- Coaching Logs Binder
- PLC Binder
- Response to Intervention Binder
- 5-day calendar for planning
- Full monthly calendar
- Editable Full monthly calendar - use Keynote or PowerPoint to edit
- Editable binder covers and spines - use Adobe to edit
The Start-Up Guide to Instructional Coaching
This 85-page ebook instructs new and existing coaches in approaches to coaching room setup, becoming comfortable in your role, visiting and providing feedback to teachers, organizing, and supporting teacher in so many different ways!
When I decided to accept the position as an instructional coach four years ago, I wasn't sure what my day would look like. I didn't really know how to set up my room for support services. And I was nervous about building a relationship with teachers on a new campus. Flash forward to four years later, and I've learned a few things!
In this ebook, I share information and tips that have been valuable to me as a coach. How to set instructional coaching goals, set up your space, and work with teachers with challenging personalities are just a few of the sections in this book.
Learn about planning useful professional development and a quality approach to mentoring teachers through coaching conversations, modeling, co-teaching, and debriefing. Read about how to deal with difficult emotions and situations. And discover the qualities that I find the most valuable in an instructional coach! Practical steps and pictures will help you get started off on the right foot in your coaching journey!
Table of Contents:
Preface: A Note on Coaching
- My thoughts on instructional coaching, from my own experience.
Deciding to be an instructional coach
- How do you know you're ready to be a coach? What are the paths people take to coaching?
Getting to know the role of an instructional coach
- What responsibilities do coaches have on a regular basis? What role do they play on the campus? What do instructional coaches do?
First steps in instructional coaching
- How do I get started? Read about the four first things you'll want to do to start the year.
Types of instructional support
- Supporting your teachers all year long is a tall order. What are the different types of coaching support, and when do they work best? How can I make coteaching and modeling work well for me and my teachers?
Working with individual teachers
- How do I work with a teacher who has invited my support? How do I work with a teacher who hasn't?
Facilitating long-term growth on your campus
- Supporting teachers' growth over time is important. How can I create opportunities for teachers to grow in their careers as professionals?
Instructional coaching challenges
- What are some of the mistakes coaches face? What do you do if you've already made them? How can they deal with the daily struggles of coaching?
and an appendix with printables to help you document classroom visits and plan professional development, as well as some great titles for coaches and book studies.
The Instructional Coach's Book of Lists & Plans
This product includes over 35 pages of printable plans and checklists to help instructional coaches be organized, purposeful, and prepared for anything!
Included in this resource...
- Coaching Responsibilities ( 2 pgs)
- Coach's Classroom Planner
- Beginning of Year Checklist
- End of Year Checklist
- Daily To-Dos
- Weekly To-Dos
Preparing for Special Events
- Event Planning
- Planning a Family Night
- Planning a Family Literacy Night
- Planning a Family Math Night
- Planning a Training
- Following Up on a Training
- Planning for a Book Study
- Organizing a Teacher Conference
Creating, Reviewing, and Analyzing Assessments
- Creating an Assessment
- Creating a Multiple Choice Assessment in Reading
- Creating a Multiple Choice Assessment in Math
- Planning for a Data Review
- Reviewing Assessment Data
- Planning for a Writing Review
- Reviewing Writing Samples
Preparing to Plan Together
- Contents of a Planning Binder
- Preparing for a Planning Session
- Planing a Unit Checklist
- Planning for a New Unit Planner (2 pgs)
Providing Coaching Support
- Roles Coaches Serve
- Coaching Cycle Checklist
- Visiting Classrooms
- Having a Debriefing Conversation with a Teacher
- Preparing to Co-Teach Checklist
- Planning to Co-Teach Planner
- Debriefing a Co-Taught Lesson
- Preparing to Model
- Debriefing a Modeled Lesson
- Providing Written Feedback
- Ways to Show You Care
This product, once purchased, is licensed to be used by one coach. Additional coaches must purchase additional licenses. Thank you!
You may also be interested in:
The Start-Up Guide to Instructional Coaching, an ebook
Teaching Reading by Genre: A Teacher's Guide and Materials
Rolling Out Reader's Workshop
Thank you for your interest in my products! To learn about more affordable teaching products, follow my store!
Buzzing with Ms. B