Research-based interactive unit for teaching instructional verbs with preschool, kindergarten, and early elementary speech therapy students. This unit provides a hands-on approach by using thematic vocabulary while encouraging phrase elaboration. The visuals used encourage students to expand utterances, follow instructional verbs, sentence completion, describing, and increase vocabulary. This unit is also great to use with mixed groups in speech therapy. There are also no prep worksheets included, that address articulation, phonological processes, and syllable shapes.
- Picture Visuals for 36 different instructional verbs.
- First/Then Visual for following 2-Step Directions
- Evidence-Based Approach to explicitly teach instructional verbs
- clip it, staple, hole punch, stamp, cover, highlight, point to, daub, color, circle, ABC order, check off, illustrate, measure, cross out, glue, cut, match, count, fold, sort, trace, stack, tape, predict, underline, arrange, write, identify, create, locate, select, respond, discuss, describe, demonstrate
- 10 different "speech phrase directions" to go through while naming thematic vocabulary
- 10 picture words for the 25 different themes
- : furniture, clothing, school supplies, community helpers, zoo animals, forest animals, weather, breakfast, food, bugs, sports, space, BBQ, farm, camping, ocean, beach, pirate, picnic, pets, St. Patrick's Day, Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter
- No Prep worksheets; ready for print-and-go therapy planning
- Phrase Expansion with instructional verbs
- Articulation Goals:
- (initial, medial, final) p, b, m, n, t, d, f, v, j, k, g, s, z, r, vocalic r, l sh, ch, th
- (initial) h, R Blends, S Blends, L Blends
- Phonological Processes:
- weak syllable deletion, stopping, fronting, backing, final consonant deletion
- Syllable shapes: CV, CVC, CVCC (final clusters)
- Editable template included
Please email me with any questions before purchasing email@example.com.
Let's Connect! Check out a full product demo on Instagram (@texasspeechmom), saved to the highlights.