Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
11.66 MB | 36 pages
Updated Nov 6, 2015
This is a guide for teaching "Instructions Not Included" (this is a fantastic movie!) To make the most of this teaching packet, your students need to be able to engage in a discussion/read in Spanish with support. Activities marked with a * can be used in a lower-level class (I do not recommend watching this movie with students under 11th grade).
If you want to talk about the movie in English in a lower-level class, you most certainly can translate the discussion questions and discuss them in class.
This packet includes
- Pre-Viewing Teaching Guide
- Vocab Sheet*
- Worksheet with Thematic Questions in Spanish
- Vocab Flashcards*
- Post-Viewing Teaching Guide
- Post-Viewing Discussion Questions (in Spanish)
- Readings in English About the Movie*
- Quote Matching Activity/Worksheet
- "Te Mando Flores" Lyrics*
- "Te Mando Flores" Listening Activity*
- Summary of the Movie in Spanish
Note: Make sure you preview this movie before deciding to show it to your class. It contains several scenes with body exposure and sexual references (I skip these when I show the movie). I would definitely NOT recommend leaving this movie with a substitute. I show this movie because I think its “draw” is worth it – it draws genuine interest and makes you love the characters and see beyond stereotypes.