NOTE: The QR codes in this product were recently updated on 3/13/16. If you purchased this file before this date you need to re-download the QR codes. The previous QR codes will no longer work.
This bundle contains 6 different instrument family products to use as centers in the classroom during your Instrument Family unit.
Files included are:
Instrument Family QR Code Fun!
- This set of worksheets includes fun activities to help review the different instrument families using QR codes. The worksheets cover three categories: Listening, Matching, and Writing.
- There is 1 page for each instrument family and they come in color and in black and white.
- Students scan the QR code next to the picture of the instrument to hear what the instrument sounds like.
- There is 1 page for each instrument family.
- Students scan the QR codes and draw a line from the QR code to the picture of the instrument that they hear.
- There are 9 different worksheets included.
- 1 page for each instrument family where students scan the QR code, describe what the family sounds like and draws a picture.
- 1 page for each instrument family where students scan the QR code and while they listen to the instrument family they write down the characteristics of the family.
- 1 worksheet that combines all 4 instrument families and students scan the QR codes and while listening they write down the characteristics of the family.
Instrument Family Sorting Activity
- This activity will help students identify which instrument family an instrument belongs to by sorting pictures of instruments to the correct family. This is a great activity to do as a center in your classroom.
The instrument family pages come in 2 choices:
- empty boxes where students place the instrument cards on
- boxes that have the name of the instrument and students match the picture to the name box
Instrument Family Coloring Pages
- I created these pages as a fun review activity. They can be used as review, as a centers activity, or as a filler for students who have finished a project or assignment early and need something to do.
There are 3 types of coloring pages to choose from:
- Picture of the instrument with a fill-in-the blank section at the bottom where they fill in the instrument name and family.
- Picture of the instrument with the fill-in-the blank phrase but the blanks are already filled in for the student.
- Picture with the name of the instrument and family.
Instrument Family Centers Folders
- I use these folders in a centers activity. You can create just one for each instrument family or have multiple of each instrument family.
These file folders are to help students review information they have already learned about the different instrument families (Brass, Woodwind, Percussion, and String). Each file folder includes questions about that specific family and pull tabs behind the questions so students can pull the tab up to reveal the answer to check if they got it correct. The file folder also includes pictures of instruments in that family along with labels (names of the instrument) so students will take the labels and cover the correct picture.
File includes assembly directions and black and white pictures of instruments and colored pictures of instruments, black and white question boxes, and colored questioned boxes, and black and white circle labels and colored circle labels depending on if you print on white paper or colored cardstock.
Instrument Cut, Color, and Paste
- This worksheet is used to review the instrument families. Students cut out the different instruments and paste them into the correct instrument family.
Instrument Family Matching Game
- This is just like the old matching game where cards are face down and you take turns to find two matching cards.
Instead of students trying to find the same picture, they are matching up the instrument with an instrument family or an instrument family with its instrument.
You could also hand out cards to each student and if they have an instrument family card they have to find a partner who belongs in their family. If they have an instrument they have to find a partner who is their family they belong to.
Cards come in color and in Black and White!
Like me on Facebook
Music and Technology Blog
*This product is to be used by the original downloader only. If you plan on sharing this product with anyone else please consider purchasing additional licenses.*