Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
101.15 MB | 100 pages
This item has so many purposes. It is a resource you will truly be able to utilize time and again in lots of way! As always, this activity has been tested in my own K-5 music classroom. My students have used this in a variety of ways (listed below) and have such a blast playing with these cards and exploring the instrument families! Students think they're just having fun. Music teachers know they're sneaking in an assessment opportunity!
Use this set for:
• introducing instruments by family
• card games, using as with the rules of "Go Fish"
• folder games
• full class instruction
• small group practice and assessment
• individual practice and assessment
• music classroom centers and stations
I print several sets on a color printer on cardstock and laminated them for maximum durability. I have larger and smaller sets depending on their intended purpose.
• Set title card
• Family title cards with instruments shown
• Family title cards without instruments shown
• English horn
• bass clarinet
• French horn
• snare drum
• bass drum
• timpani, set of 3 shown together
• gong on stand with hanging mallet
• electric guitar
• acoustic guitar
This product comes in a .zip file that contains FOUR versions of the cards four separate PDF files. Enjoy! Version include:
• 1 card per page, landscape layout
• 2 cards per page, portrait layout
• 3 cards per page and lines for writing notes/information, portrait layout
• 4 cards per page, landscape layout