- NEW, LOWER PRICE! This is THE bundle for the music classroom. This includes all of my best-selling PowerPoint games, lessons, warm-ups, and more! Includes all of my Music Detective series, Instrument Zoom, Music Staff Karate for Treble and Bass Clef, Composer Trivia, "Faeries and Giants" movement a$47.25$94.50Save $47.25
- NOW AVAILABLE: 6-Game Music Detective Bundle! Click HERE!This 4-game bundle for POWERPOINT will introduce and review treble clef pitches, BASS CLEF PITCHES (NEW!), rhythm values, and orchestra instrument identification. By buying the bundle, you save 20%!This game is also available for Smart Noteboo$16.00$20.00Save $4.00
- NOW AVAILABLE: 6-Game Music Detective Bundle! Click HERE!This 5-game bundle for both POWERPOINT and SMART Notebook will introduce treble clef pitches with a boomwhacker mystery, review treble clef pitches, bass clef pitches, rhythm values, and orchestra instrument identification. By buying the bundl$20.00$25.00Save $5.00
- This is a bundle of games, activities and printables for teaching INSTRUMENTS OF THE ORCHESTRA. These files are all PowerPoint and PDF files. I made these for my students, and they LOVE them. Most of these resources would be great for a sub with technology. Some have links to youtube lessons that I$41.65$59.50Save $17.85
- This 6-game bundle for POWERPOINT and SMART NOTEBOOK will assess students' knowledge of different concepts in music.Case 1 - treble clef pitchesCase 2 - instruments of the orchestraCase 3 - rhythmsCase 4 - bass clef pitchesCase 5 - treble clef pitch reading with boomwhackersCase 6 - treble clef pitc$24.00$30.00Save $6.00
- This bundle includes some of my best-selling PowerPoint Games of all time! These all work with the program “PowerPoint,” so please make sure you have this program before downloading. This bundle has a $49 value! You can leave these games for a sub if they can use a computer! Preview above is of the$34.30$49.00Save $14.70
- This bundle includes 8 of my favorite, interactive Smart Board games and activities. These all work with the program “Smart Notebook,” so please make sure you have this program before downloading. This bundle has a $40 value! You can leave these games for a sub if they can use the Smart Board!Smart$28.00$40.00Save $12.00
- NOW AVAILABLE: 6-Game Music Detective Bundle! Click HERE!This 3-game bundle for POWERPOINT will introduce and review treble clef pitches, rhythm values, and orchestra instrument identification. By buying the bundle, you save over 20%!You can also purchase this for SMART NOTEBOOK by clicking here: Mu$12.00$15.00Save $3.00
- NOW AVAILABLE: 6-Game Music Detective Bundle! Click HERE!This 3-game bundle for SMART Notebook and PowerPoint will introduce and review treble clef pitches, rhythm values, and orchestra instrument identification. By buying the bundle, you save over 20%! With this one download, you will receive the P$12.00$15.00Save $3.00
“The Case of the Lost Orchestra” helps students review the instruments of the orchestra and instrument families with a fun mystery. It’s especially fun because of its “Where’s Waldo” look. Students have to solve clues to decipher which instrument the conductor is talking about and then have to find that instrument in the “Where’s Waldo” page. This resource includes two files of this game, one for PowerPoint and one for SMART Notebook.
The story for this game keeps the students engrossed in learning. In the game, they meet a music detective who is called to help a conductor reassemble his orchestra. The orchestra had been playing Haydn’s “Surprise” Symphony, and the fortissimo chord scared them so much they run back stage and end up in a giant, chaotic pile of instruments, people, and even some animals! The conductor is so distressed he can only talk in code, so he has to tell the detective which instruments to collect and put back on stage. Some of the clues reference “Peter and the Wolf,” which my kids especially like because they have to think back to when they were younger.
Students click on the instruments in the pile after discussing in teams or as a class which instrument the conductor describes. When clicked, the instrument then goes into an orchestra seating chart, so students can map their progress.
This game takes about 40 minutes if you include a short review of the instruments in each family (I included a page each for each of the four families). This lesson would be most appropriate and enjoyable for kindergarten to 3rd grade.
You may also like:
Connect with Meg’s Music Room!
TpT - Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the red “Follow Me” button next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales! Meg's Music Room Store
Blog - Meg's Music Room Blog
Facebook - Meg's Music Room Facebook Page
Copyright © Megan Heikkila. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements in this product are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use only.