Looking for a fun way to liven up an Open House, Back to School Night or Parent Teacher Conferences? Why not have an Instrument "Petting Zoo"! It's a great way to promote your music program and draw parents into your room!
This set includes everything you need to put on an instrument "Petting Zoo" (minus your classroom instruments). ;)
Students and parents can interact together while they play the instruments at each exhibit and use the checklist to check off which instrument exhibits they visited.
This set is also perfect for music centers, substitute plans, or even to use with a short rhythm composition activity (rhythm composition worksheet included).
Students will have fun learning the names of various classroom instruments while they write about each exhibit on the worksheets provided. One of the worksheets even provides composition opportunities where students can compose their own rhythms and play them on the various instruments.
It's a super fun way to have students use instruments they may not usually get the chance to play in your classroom.
What you get:
• 5 Exhibit Posters for Different Instrument Groups:
Scrapers & Shakers
Drums & Tambourines
Pitched Instruments (2 options)
• 2 Lesson Plans for Grades K-1 & 2-5 (to help you use this as a center in class)
• Instructions for Open House, Back to School Night, or Conferences
• 3 Student Worksheets (two for Grades 2-5, one for Grades K-1)
• 4 Instrument "Petting Zoo" Direction Posters (to display at each exhibit; B&W or Color)
• Instrument "Petting Zoo" Checklist for parents and students (to use to check off which exhibit they visited)
• Welcome and Coming Soon Posters
Check out my other Music resources