Ready to start a Instrument of the Month but don't have a plan ready? Look no further! This file is a great way to start studying the bassoon, a member of the woodwind and double reed family in the orchestra. This also makes a great contrast or compliment to composer of the month!
This set includes:
• Lesson Plans covering mini-lessons to presented at the beginning or end of your lesson as an "Instrument of the Month" activity.
• Bulletin Board printables including information about the instrument, definitions appropriate to the particular instrument (i.e. Double Reed, Musician, Orchestra, Chamber Music, etc.).
• YouTube links to engaging videos highlighting pieces featuring this instrument.
This set will get you with a Lesson Plan that is ready to print and yet can still be modified to suite your needs. The instrument units focus on a different instrument each month and the lesson takes about 5-10 minutes of the lesson time. I do the lesson at the very beginning of class and focus on listening, discussing music with appropriate terminology, and connecting music to the "real world." Each lesson comes with detailed information and links to the YouTube videos used in the lesson.
In addition, you will also receive printouts for your bulletin boards with blank pages that can also be modified to suite your needs.
Please download the preview to take a closer look at what this resource includes!
Each lesson plan includes standards that are checked off for the GPS (Georgia Performance Standards). I have also included alternative National Music Standards Checklists and National Core Arts Standards Checklists.
This activity would go PERFECTLY with my Mini Book: Bassoon!
MORE INSTRUMENTS COMING SOON!!!!!
Check out my other Instrument of the Month packs!
Check out Composer of the Month - the perfect companion to Instrument of the Month
Check out some of my bestsellers!
• Maypole Mania!
• Patriotic Sing Along
• Pitch Hill - Teaching Solfege, Teacher's Edition
• Rhythm Basketball - Get your kids bouncing to the beat!
• Rhythm Coloring - Great for Centers and End of Class Activities
• Rhythm Race Bundle - Music Center and Rhythm Game
• Recorder BAG Bonanza!
• Science of Sound - Detailed Lesson Plans, Experiments, and Presentations
• Rainbow Ukulele Curriculum
Visit my other store, Pitch Clips, for clip art, digital papers, and other graphic materials!
- Stay updated on new products by clicking the green star at the top of the page!
For more ideas and fun:
Visit my website and follow my Blog!
Follow me on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on Pinterest!
Follow me on Instagram!
Teach music. Love life.
Want to earn FREE products on TpT and make my day?
I love hearing how products help you in the classroom! Don't forget to leave feedback on items you've purchased - you earn 1 TpT credit for every dollar spent on TpT. These really add up!!
Should you have any questions, concerns, or requests, please contact me before leaving feedback at PitchPublications@gmail.com
. I want to ensure you have a wonderful experience with my products and my store!