1) Print and cut out each individual rectangle.
2) Students will solve Addition and Subtraction of integers by:
a) making it into a matching game,
b) a shoulder-partner activity, or
c) use for individual practice.
1. You will work in a group to match integer expressions with the correct solution, counter model, or number line model.
2. Begin by placing all cards face down. Tallest person goes first.
3. The first player chooses two cards to see if they are a match. If not, the cards are turned back over and play continues. When a player finds a “match”, he/she gets another turn.
4. The winner is the one who gathers the most matches.