Common Core Secondary Math brings you “Fluent in Math: Fluency Practice for the Common Core”. The Common Core State Standards in Math (CCSSM) stress fluency with skills and procedures along with conceptual understanding and mathematical applications.
Fluency with mathematics at the secondary level requires the same repeated practice and feedback as multiplication facts did in elementary school, however, generating the required fluency checks takes time. Many middle and high school students still believe that as soon as you take a math test, you can purge the information from your brain. I created these fluency checks and supporting practice because I and my students needed them and I hope they can help you and your students.
Soon to follow: Multiplication facts with variables.
3.OA.7: Fluently multiply one digit numbers.
5.NBT.5: Fluently multiply multi digit whole numbers.
7.NS.2a: Understand the rules for multiplying signed numbers (integers)
• Numbers from 1 to 15 and -1 to -15.
• Traditional multiplication table with positive and negative numbers to fill in for practice.
• Mixed up multiplication table requiring students to know the facts vs. memorize a column or row.
• Answer Keys for all versions
• Suggestions for use depending on the course.
Logo background: The Candy Class