Use the "formula": CONTEXT + QUOTE + EXPLANATION = SUCCESS to teach your students how to effectively integrate quotations into their writing!
This product consists of:
1. 29-slide editable Powerpoint presentation with step-by-step instructions (using the novel The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton as a sample text)
2. PDF version of the presentation
3. "Integrating Quotations Quick Reference" printable
4. "Verbs to Use in Signal Phrases" printable
5. "Integrating Quotation Practice" worksheet (Double-sided)
(Note: This optional worksheet will be useful if you are currently reading or have already read The Outsiders, but may not be applicable if your students have not read the text)
This presentation pack is perfect for teaching a mini-lesson in your unit on The Outsiders just before your students begin writing their final essay.
Note: If you do not have the correct font installed on your computer, download the free fonts from Hello Literacy here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Hello-Fonts-Personal-Non-Commercial-Use-301730