Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is a lesson bundle for the Integumentary System to be used in a high school Biology or introductory Anatomy course. Diagrams, worksheets, illustrated & guided notes, and a web-quest activity are all included. Answer keys for all items are provided.
Topics include: functions of the skin, layers of the skin, epidermis, stratum basale, stratum corneum, stratum spinosum, stratum granulosum, dermis, hypodermis, melanocytes, melanin, dermal papillae, lines of cleavage, sebaceous glands, sweat (eccrine) glands, hair, nails
Addresses NGSS HS-LS1-2.
Need to adjust the level of detail for your class? No problem! The PowerPoint presentation and diagrams are EDITABLE.
Please note: This is also part of my Full Anatomy & Physiology Curriculum.
Included in this product:
1. EDITABLE PowerPoint presentation with highlighted vocabulary, anatomical terms, and full-color illustrations
2. Student guided note page coinciding with PowerPoint
3. 2 pages of Illustrated Notes for visual note-taking
4. EDITABLE Diagrams of skin anatomy with blanks for student completion
*Diagrams are provided in both 8.5x11" and 11x14" sizes, which are perfect for inserting into binders or science notebooks.
5. Sunscreen effectiveness lab activity (uses UV changing beads)
6. Skin lab with microscope work and fingerprinting
7. 8-question quiz for assessment (2 versions provided)
*For more details and visuals of the lesson, click on the PREVIEW link above.*
Case studies are a great way to encourage critical thinking and extend learning for each system of the body. Find my Integumentary System Case Study: Scleroderma here.
I value your feedback. Please rate this product.