This booklet follows the Ontario Grade 1 Geometry curriculum for several 2-dimensional shapes-related specific expectations, including:
- identify and describe shapes
- trace sides and/or dot corners
- use concrete examples and pictorial representations
- create patterns with shapes
This booklet uses the four shapes described in the Grade 1 curriculum. They are:
Each shape has 4 pages. Students will:
- print the name of the shape
- colour the shape, trace sides, and/or put dots on corners
- colour objects of that shape, X objects that aren't
- draw and label classroom objects
- create a pattern using types of each shape
This is also a resource applicable for Kindergarten. In fact, I use it in my Senior Kindergarten/Grade 1 classroom.
This product has a Canadian-spelling booklet (19 pages) and an American-spelling booklet (19 pages). They are meant to be printed double-sided, cut along the middle, and stapled on the left-hand side. No flipping pages or reordering pages is necessary.
Remember to leave feedback on your purchases to earn TPT points - which can be used like cash toward future purchases!