Interactive Alphabet Books for Preschool and Kindergarten
are a great way to reinforce letter knowledge and phonics.
These alphabet books are far more than simply coloring in beginning sound pictures. Rather, these alphabet books are interactive. Children get to practice a variety of skills while learning letter sounds and letter names.
Each book consists of seven pages of material including the following skills:
~ cover page
~ letter and beginning sound picture
~ tracing the upper and lower case letters
~ spot the letter and circle it among other letters
~ color or circle the pictures with the corresponding beginning sounds
~ Repetitive pre-reading practice (Example: "I see a ____")
These booklets can be done together in class, in small groups, or even as part of an alphabet or literacy center. Children take real ownership over their work as they practice phonics and writing skills, all while creating a book that is truly interactive.
And parents love them too! They make such an easy way for parents to reinforce skills from the classroom in the home setting. In fact, many parents use these booklets as bedtime reading!
These alphabet books are easy to assemble, too. Just print, make one cut down the middle and staple! And, to make things easy for both teachers and parents, this file includes two formats of the alphabet books so your time and paper will not be wasted on unnecessary printing.
• Beginning Sounds Clip Cards
• Beginning Sounds Fill-In Cards
• Beginning Sounds Picture Seek
• Beginning Sounds Roadway Letter Tracing Mats
• Beginning Sounds Tracing Cards - Letter Formation Cards
• Oral Language Preschool Lesson Plans
• Phonics Preschool Lesson Plans
• Phonological Awareness Preschool Lesson Plans
• Preschool Alphabet and Phonics Puzzles (12 Sets)
• Preschool Literacy Lesson Plans Bundle